Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Small Diameter Distributor
This Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Small Diameter Distributor was designed for racers and street rodders that have space limitations due to firewall interference, blowers or oversized intake manifolds such as tunnel rams. The distributor is 3/8” narrower and almost 1” shorter than a standard distributor.
Proven performance features include a high output magnetic pick-up and precision machined reluctor for accurate ignition triggering. A fully adjustable mechanical advance allows you to tailor the advance curve to your specific application. The small diameter cap is molded out of durable Rynite® material and comes with an optional wire retainer.
• CNC machined billet aluminum housing is 3/8” smaller in diameter and 7/8” shorter than conventional Chevy V-8 distributors with the “points” type cap
• Supplied with small diameter HEI style distributor cap and rotor (will accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
• Will not accept a vacuum advance canister
• No CARB Exemption Order Number
• O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
• Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8, or 10 Series Ignition
• Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
• Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
• Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
• Adjustable slip collar mounting flange for engines with modified deck heights
• Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing and extra long sintered bushing
• Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
• Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
• Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
• Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
Note: Enclosed in this kit is a tube of camshaft and lifter lubricant to be used in the
installation of your MSD Distributor. Apply a liberal amount to the distributor drive gear before installing in engine.