- Electrical, Ignition & Racepak
- Ignition Boxes & Accessories
- Street & Strip
- 6AL-2 Ignition Control
The 6AL-2 Ignition Control combines a new housing, new digital controls and more power in a sleek package. Inside the new cast aluminum housing you'll find an advanced micro-controller that manages the built-in two step rev-limiter.
There are two rev limiters; one for high end overrev protection and another you can activate off a clutch or transbrake to set a launch limit. Adjustments are made via four rotary dials for 100 rpm increment control! The all new capacitive discharge ignition will easily connect to nearly any 12-volt negative ground distributor system.
• Built-in 2-Step rev control adjustable with rotary dials
• Higher output with up to 135mJ of spark energy
• Accepts Hall-effect, points and mag pickup triggers
• Managed by an efficient digital processor
• Current Draw: .7 Amp per 1,000 RPM
• Primary Voltage: 535 Volts
• RPM Range: 12,500 RPM with 14.4 Volts
• Secondary Voltage: 45,000 Volts
• Spark Energy: 135 mJ per spark
• Spark Series Duration: 20° Crankshaft Rotation
• Voltage Required: 12-18 Volts, Negative Ground
Click here to download the MSD-6421 6AL-2 Ignition Control instructions.