Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor, Locked-Out
This Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor is set up for engines that run locked-out timing or an MSD Timing Computer. With no advance assembly, the rotor plate is welded directly to the oversized shaft. A sealed ball bearing guides the top of the shaft while an extra long sintered bushing stabilizes the lower portion.
Trigger signals are produced via a high-output magnetic pick-up. This pickup is extremely accurate and never requires adjustment. Since this distributor is designed primarily for race engines, an oversized (+.006”) bronze gear is installed along with an adjustable slip collar for modified blocks, heads or intake manifolds.
• Designed primarily for race applications with no mechanical advance
• Will not accept a vacuum advance canister
• Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8, or 10 Series Ignition
• Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
• Supplied with a 0.006” oversized bronze gear installed
• O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
• Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
• Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
• Adjustable slip collar mounting flange for engines with modified deck heights
• Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
• CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
• No CARB Exemption Order Number
Note: Enclosed in this kit is a tube of camshaft and lifter lubricant to be used in the
installation of your MSD Distributor. Apply a liberal amount to the distributor drive gear before installing in engine.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed