Ford 289/302 Pro-Billet Distributor
The Ford 289/302 Pro-Billet Distributor is for Ford enthusiasts that are serious about performance. Just under the brass terminals of the MSD cap and rotor is an easy-to-adjust mechanical advance assembly. The assembly is fine blanked from chro-moly steel, TIG-welded for strength plus receives a QPQ coating. The precision weights glide on nylon bushings for smooth advancement and different springs and stop bushings are supplied so a variety of advance curves can be tuned.
The steel shaft that spins the advance and reluctor receives a friction reducing coating plus is guided by a sealed ball bearing and long sintered bushing. This combination provides stable timing signals and spark delivery at any rpm. Triggering chores are handled by MSD’s race proven, maintenance-free magnetic pick-up.
• CNC machined billet aluminum housing and Dupont Rynite base
• Supplied with Cap-A-Dapt and rotor (accepts MSD socket style caps)
• Must be used with a MSD 6, 7, or 8-series Ignition Control
• Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
• Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
• Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
• Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
• Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
• Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
• Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
• No CARB Exemption Order Number
Note: Enclosed in this kit is a tube of camshaft and lifter lubricant to be used in the installation of your MSD Distributor. Apply a liberal amount to the distributor drive gear before installing in engine.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed