Programmable Digital-7 Plus Ignition
The Programmable Digital-7 Plus Ignition includes all of the standard programmable features such as Individual Cylinder Management, Step Retards, Rev Limits, and Shift Points.
A MAP sensor is required for the boost circuit. The Ignition is supplied with wiring harnesses, mounting hardware, an RS232 computer harness and the Pro-Data+ software on a mini CD.
Note: Illegal for use in NHRA classes except Pro Mod. The Programmable-7 Series of ignition controls has been updated with the Power Grid Ignition System
• Map a complete timing curve for every gear
• Output to activate a device through rpm, time or pressure inputs
• Automatic magnetic pickup compensation for crank triggers or distributor pick-ups
• Program your engine's firing order for ease of setting the cylinder-to-cylinder timing
• Cam sync output for fuel controllers or data acquisition
• Vacuum advance and boost retard is selectable through a MAP sensor
• Program an rpm limit that is ramped in during the launch
• Select the rpm limiter value in rpm/seconds
• Acquire 20 seconds of run data including two seconds prior to launch
• View all ignition events in a new Launch History window including the retard sum, manifold pressure, rpm, shift points and more.
• Updated X-Y plots with interpolation for smooth changes
• Stage retards can be set to ramp the timing
• An upgraded micro- controller runs at 40MHz enabling timing accuracy within 0.1 degrees and +/-1 rpm at up to 10,000 rpm
• Current Draw: 1.1 Amp per 1,000 RPM
• Primary Voltage: 535 Volts
• RPM Range: 12,500 RPM with 14.4 Volts
• Secondary Voltage: 40,000 Volts
• Spark Energy: 190 mJ per spark
• Spark Series Duration: 20° Crankshaft Rotation
• Voltage Required: 12-18 Volts, Negative Ground
Click here to download the MSD-7531 Programmable Digital-7 Plus Ignition instructions.